To be the “nerve’ centre for economic development and empowerment through the development of MSMEs and Cooperatives in Zimbabwe.
To create and maintain an enabling environment that promotes vibrant micro, small and medium enterprises and cooperatives.
To create a conducive and enabling environment that promotes the development and growth of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Cooperatives.
1. Formulate and implement policies for micro, small and medium enterprises and cooperative development.
2. Develop legal and regulatory framework for micro, small and medium enterprises and cooperative development.
3. Promote, coordinate and monitor innovative financing schemes for micro, small and medium enterprises and cooperative development.
4. Provide skill and management training that support entrepreneurship and growth of small business as well as cooperatives.
5. Facilitate linkages between large enterprises, MSMEs and cooperatives.
6. Provide business consultancy services to MSMEs and cooperatives.
7. Ensure that infrastructural facilities are provided for MSMEs and cooperatives.
8. Research into investment and marketing opportunities for MSMEs and cooperatives.
9. Develop and maintain a data bank of MSMEs and Cooperatives.
10. Administer the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund.
11. Liaise with and coordinate sector Ministries involved in the promotion of MSMEs and cooperatives.
12. Provide technical designing and production services to MSMEs &Cooperatives.
13. Legal advice
14. Human Resources Management & Development services
15. Provide Financial and Administrative Services
Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises and Cooperative Development
6th Floor Linquenda House
Corner Nelson Mandela/First Street
Tel: 731006, 2525629,250714, 253492/731002-8