1. The 35th Ordinary meeting of the Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) was held at the Gaborone International Convention Centre in Gaborone, Republic of Botswana on 17th and 18th August 2015.
2. H.E. Robert Mugabe delivered a Keynote address and officially opened the Summit.
3. The Summit took place under the theme: “Accelerating Industrialisation of SADC Economies through Transformation of Natural Endowment and improved Human Capital.”
4. Summit elected H.E. President Lt. Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama of the Republic of Botswana and H.M. King Mswati III of the Kingdom of Swaziland as Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson and incoming Chair of SADC, respectively.
5. Summit also elected H.E President Filipe Jacinto Nyusi, President of the Republic of Mozambique and H.E President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete of the United Republic of Tanzania as Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson of the SADC Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation, respectively.
6. Summit was attended by the following Heads of State and Government and or their representatives:
Botswana : H.E. President Lt. Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama
Swaziland : H.M. King Mswati III
Madagascar : H.E. President Hery Rajaonarimampianina
Mozambiqe H.E. President Filipe Jacinto Nyusi
Namibia : H.E. President Dr. Hage G. Geingob
South Africa : H.E. President Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma
Zambia : H. E. President Edgar Chagwa Lungu
Zimbabwe : H.E. President Robert Gabriel Mugabe
Lesotho : Rt. Hon. Prime Minister Dr. Pakalitha Bethuel Mosisili
Angola : H.E. Vice President Manuel Domingos Vicente
Seychelles H.E. Vice President Danny Faure
United Republic of Tanzania: Rt.. Hon Prime Minister, Mizengo Kayanza Pinda
DRC Hon Raymond Tshibanda N’tungamulongo, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
Malawi Hon George Chaponda, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International cooperation
Mauritius Hon. Marie Joseph Moël-Etienne Ghislain SINATAMBOU,Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration & International Trade