SATOND INVESTMENTS (PRIVATE) LIMITED
HIGH COURT OF ZIMBABWE
HARARE, 18 May 2018 & 20 June 2018
A. Mangwiro, for the applicant
G. Madzoka, for the respondent
MUZOFA J: This is an application for a final interdict in which the relief sought is the following:
“1. The respondent, his employees, invitees, friends and/or relatives be and hereby permanently interdicted from carrying out any farming activities at Ascot 168 Mine situated on Subdivision 19, Knockmallch Farm, Norton.
2. The respondent shall pay costs of this application on a legal practitioner and client scale.
The following facts are common cause in this matter:
‘1. On the 2nd of June 2014 the applicant made an application for a prospecting licence which was issued on the 12th of June 2014.
2. The district administrator was duly notified.
3. The applicant was subsequently issued with a certificate of Registration as a registered holder of a block of reef claims called Ascort 168 situate on Knockmalloch Farm on the 4th of January 2016.
4. On the 4th of December 2014 the Minister of Lands and Rural Resettlement offered subdivision 19 Knockmalloch to the respondent.
5. The land offered to the respondent included 1.8 hectares inside
Ascort 168 mine where the applicant’s mining block is situate.
According to the applicant’s founding affidavit, both parties have rights over the land.
The applicant has mining rights and respondent has farming rights. His mining rights are superior to the respondent’s rights.