PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEES SERIES 22/2021
[4th June 2021]
All Committee Meetings Next Week will be in Closed Session
There will be NO OPEN COMMITTEE MEETINGS at Parliament next week, although both Houses will be sitting from Tuesday 8th June.
Committees will not, however, be idle next week.
Four Portfolio Committees will be busy conducting public hearings on Bills from Monday 7th to Friday 11th June – as we have already notified in Committees Series bulletins sent out earlier today:–
- Committees Series bulletin 20/2021 – public hearings on the Public Finance Management Amendment Bill;
- Committees Series bulletin 21/2021 – public hearings on the Zimbabwe Independent Complaints Commission Bill.
Other committees will also be meeting for such purposes as:–
- planning future work;
- considering draft reports for presentation to the National Assembly [portfolio committees] or to the Senate [thematic committees]
- considering first quarter budget performance reports for Ministries they oversee;
- deliberating on oral evidence received on subjects being investigated.
More detail is provided in the attached Schedule of meetings provided by Parliament.
Members of the public, including Zimbabweans in the Diaspora, can at any time send written submissions to Parliamentary committees by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter posted to the Clerk of Parliament, P.O. Box 298, Causeway, Harare or delivered to Parliament’s Kwame Nkrumah Avenue entrance in Harare.