1. Mr Speaker Sir, I move that leave be granted to present a Statement of the Estimated Revenues and Expenditures of the Republic of Zimbabwe for the 2023 Financial Year and to make provisions for matters ancillary and incidental to this purpose.
2. This is in compliance with Section 103(1) of the Constitution as read together with Section 7(2)(a) of the Public Finance Management (General) Regulations of 2019.
3. Mr Speaker Sir, let me begin by thanking His Excellency, the President, Dr. E.D. Mnangagwa for his leadership and guidance during the formulation stage of this Budget.
4. I also want to express my gratefulness to the Honourable Vice President, Dr. C.G.D.N. Chiwenga, fellow Cabinet Ministers, Line Ministries, Departments and Agencies for their valuable contribution to the formulation of this Budget.
5. Last but not least, my gratitude goes to the leader of this August House, Honourable Speaker, J. F. Mudenda for your leadership in steering the Honourable Members in undertaking nationwide consultations, through various Portfolio Committees.
PowerPoint slides going with the above speech
The speech refers often to numbered slides without setting them out. This document contains the slides.